8cm Complex Ovarian Cyst with CA125 of 51 - Absolutely terrified!!

I posted on here a few days ago after I found out unexpectedly that I had a large complex ovarian cyst. The consultant thinks it could a dermoid cyst but can't determine this for sure and is sending me for an MRI scan. In the meantime, my CA125 has come back raised at 51!!! I'm postmenopausal which just adds even more risk into the mix and I just feel like the odds are stacking up against me. I've had no symptoms and only got checked out because of a tiny amount of postmenopausal bleeding. I'm all over the place.

Parents
  • Hello jembers, I wrote on your first post as I also have an incidental mass very similar. 
    when I had my CA125 test I was told it is very likely for a raised amount even if only a cyst as it can signal other things like pelvic inflammatory. The levels can be in their hundreds just on a period so actually the fact that you went to the docs with some post menopause bleeding might actual explain the higher level.

    when is your MRI? I am also awaiting mine, I had to have further bloods taken on wed and awaiting my MRI now. 2-4 weeks. 
    more waiting…..

    keeping everything crossed for us! 

  • Hi cloudy1986, thanks so much for checking in with me, it means a lot. I've been given an appointment for 23rd December (Merry Christmas!!) I'm clearly on an urgent 2 week wait due to the nature of my cyst, my age and my blood test results. It's very hard not to fear the worst. I'm trying to remind myself that my situation could be completely benign, but due to my terrible habit of googling, I've convinced myself that it's something terrible! I am genuinely sending as many positive thoughts to both of us as I possibly can. X

  • Hi, lovely to hear from you. I ended up giving the hospital a call for an update and was offered a follow-up appointment with the consultant I saw originally, for the 15th May. I'm not sure if that was already planned or they booked it because I was giving them a nudge! Apart from that, I'm still in the dark. I'm glad to hear that things are starting to move for you and it gives me hope that things might start progressing for me too! Hope you had a great holiday. X

  • So glad I found this chat - I was diagnosed with a pulmonary embolism in early January and have been in more waiting rooms than I thought possible! Then  get a swollen hard stomach and as my sister has Stage 4 Ovarian cancer thought best to get it checked - My CA 125 is 63 so not awfully high (my sisters was 696!) but... after a CT scan they have measured my 'lump' at 29 x 24 x 17 and they mention all sorts from Complex ovarian cyst to malignancy - I have my first consult next Thursday 17th April - nice to know I am not on my own!

  • Good luck, lovely. I'm rooting for you, got everything crossed. I remember how scary it is. I hope you join our club as having a cyst. Keep us up to date. My partner has stage 4 cancer so I know a bit about the journey from different angles and emotional support is so important x

  • Thanks Lyns, I think it’s the waiting… and I only found out yesterday so still very raw x

  • Hello, hope you will join us in the complex cyst club very soon. Are your measurements in my or cm there? 

  • Hi there Calyxa, hope you've been ok today. You are definitely not alone and I know that joining this forum and communicating with other people, offered me some much needed comfort when I was feeling completely terrified. You haven't mentioned your age, but I know that from my perspective as a post menopausal 52 year old, a complex cyst combined with a raised CA125 felt like I had ticking time bomb within me and I couldn't possibly imagine it was anything other than something dreadful. I have since been diagnosed with a large dermoid cyst, but I still won't feel completely safe until it's been removed and biopsied. Take care and keep in touch. x

  • Thanks Jembers, it’s definitely helped reading the thread! I think as I have seen first hand my sisters ovarian cancer fight (she is stage 4) it’s completely thrown me off kilter to have a diagnosis that includes the words ‘possible malignancy’ … I can’t do anything really until I speak to the consultant next Thursday so it’s just a waiting game now x

  • Apparently cms, which seems huge! 

  • It’s next week… just the waiting now and the what ifs x

Reply Children
No Data