Sinking in breast when lifting arms

I'm originally from the UK but living in Ireland at the moment. I noticed last Thursday when getting out of the shower that when I raised my arm I got a dent appear at the bottom of my left breast. 

I wasn't sure if I was seeing things so I asked my partner on Saturday if he could see it as well. When he said he could, I went in to panic mode.

Unfortunately the health care is shot in Ireland and we haven't got a GP so I had to go and see an out of house on call doctor. Luckily I was seen that afternoon (Saturday) and I was seen by a doctor and a nurse. Both got me to raise my arm and immediately said, yes you need to be seen. 

We spent the best part of Monday calling clinics in Ireland that will accept a letter from an out of hours doctors and luckily found one to be told that the wait is 6 weeks unless the nurses deem it necessary to bring you in early. 

A letter arrived yesterday asking me to go for my appointment next Thursday and now I'm not sure how to feel. Happy I don't have to wait but also scared they feel I need to be seen. I've had a right wobble today. 

How does everyone else deal with waiting. Has anyone got puckering as well? 

Parents
  • Hi everyone, thanks for the wishes for today.

    Bad news I’m afraid, so they say I have stage 2A breast cancer but still awaiting my receptor results, they got me in now though because I go on holiday next week and need me to do do a pre op assessment. They have provisionally booked me in for a lumpectomy on 12th Oct 2 days after I get back from holiday (although that depends on the receptor results). They will also do a nipple biopsy (as the lump is really close) and take out 2 nodes to check. So that’s where I am at the minute :( xxx

  • So sorry with your diagnosis. I was also giving the news last tues , Altho if they told me what stage mine was, I missed that part .but nothing in nodes that they could see on scans at this point .    I am also awaiting receptor results but I did have to go for an MRI 2 days after getting my biopsy results.  So now just waiting for results from them and hopefully get a surgery date x 

  • Hi jacksonjet, sorry to hear your sad news.

    to be honest I asked about the stage, just to help me understand a bit more. 

    they’ve not mentioned an MRI but they have booked in my surgery, they said better to have it booked in and they can just change it if my receptor results say I need chemo etc first.

    keep us updated :) xx

  • Hey Lebell,

    you’ve been in my thoughts recently - how did everything go today?

    hope you’re doing ok - sending love 

    xx

Reply Children