Treatment dilemma

Hi friends,

I wanted to see if someone was in a similar situation as me and maybe offer some help.

I have two nodules in my right lobe of the thyroid measuring 1.6 & 2 cm without any enlarged lymph nodes. After four biopsies the nodules were labelled as THY-3F.  Now I am in a dilemma whether to choose lobectomy or total thyroidectomy for my surgery. Both procedures have their advantages and disadvantages.

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Parents
  • Hi,

    I'm in a slightly different situation, have a U4 solid nodule and waiting to see if I can have surgery. Taken from end of Dec to now and waiting on the outcome of mdt meeting. Had an inconclusive FNA and a core biopsy which said the lump was consistent with a benign lump but also malignancy can't be excluded. Have you had a long process so far?

Reply
  • Hi,

    I'm in a slightly different situation, have a U4 solid nodule and waiting to see if I can have surgery. Taken from end of Dec to now and waiting on the outcome of mdt meeting. Had an inconclusive FNA and a core biopsy which said the lump was consistent with a benign lump but also malignancy can't be excluded. Have you had a long process so far?

Children