Surgery for breast surgery

Ok, scared now. I have breast cancer. Surgery booked for Mondy (28th). Radiotherapy and menopause inducing drugs to come. Anyone been in the same situation got any advice? Please!

 

Update - now waiting for surgery number 3! They found more cancer (15mm grade 2) and an affected lymph node (now 2 out of 7) during surgery 2. My treatment plan after surgery (if successful) has yet to be discussed. If surgery 3 doesn't come back clear, a mastectomy may be the only option. Had enough of this now. The waiting is getting me down. The not knowing whether chemo is needed or not is taking over my head. Struggling to get motivated.

Surgeon and cancer nurse have mentioned the optima trial - just adding to my things to think about. Anyone have any thoughts? 

Parents Reply Children
  • Hi Clarky15,

    Been a busy day, had my gorgeous 18 month old granddaughter this morning (with my husband as my daughter works) then my appointment was this afternoon.

    So stage 2, clear margins and no lymph node spread .

    Unfortunately now need to wait for the results of an Oncotype test which will determine where I’ll need chemo before the planned radiotherapy and tablets. 

    These results will be available at my oncologist appointment in about 2 weeks when I’ll know what’s happening.

    Absolutely gutted that I still don’t know. My husband was so pleased it’s all out and can’t understand the fact I’m not jumping for joy. My biggest fear about it all from the beginning was the thought of chemo and it’s still not ruled out.

    How you doing ? Xx