Stopping my treatment plan

Hello, 

I was diagnosed with triple negative breast cancer that had spread to the lymph nodes in December 2023, I went through 3 cycles of immunochemotherapy but my treatment became compromised due to sever anxiety. By this point I was cancer free so it was suggested I go for surgery then finished my preventative chemotherapy afterwards. I’m now at that point where I am due to receive it tomorrow, however the anxiety is overruling everything again and I’m considering not continuing with any of it. 

I have no pros or cons that I know of that help my decision. I don’t know what to do but I do know I am very scared and don’t want to waste time and money either. 

Parents
  • Hi Gen93

    I just wanted to let you know that the nurses wont be back online until tomorrow, if you were hoping to get advice from them.

    I am sorry that you are suffering from anxiety at the thought of starting treatment again.  Only you can decide if you want to go ahead with it.

    I thought twice about whether to reply to your post or not, I just wanted to make sure that you realise how aggressive triple negative breast cancer can be, I lost both my mum and my sister to that type, it unfortunately has a higher rate of re-occurance than some of the other types of breast cancer.

    I wont say anything else as it is not my place to try to change your mind, but I hope that whatever decision you make is right for you.

    My thought and prayers are with you.

    Annie

Reply
  • Hi Gen93

    I just wanted to let you know that the nurses wont be back online until tomorrow, if you were hoping to get advice from them.

    I am sorry that you are suffering from anxiety at the thought of starting treatment again.  Only you can decide if you want to go ahead with it.

    I thought twice about whether to reply to your post or not, I just wanted to make sure that you realise how aggressive triple negative breast cancer can be, I lost both my mum and my sister to that type, it unfortunately has a higher rate of re-occurance than some of the other types of breast cancer.

    I wont say anything else as it is not my place to try to change your mind, but I hope that whatever decision you make is right for you.

    My thought and prayers are with you.

    Annie

Children
No Data