Can anyone help me understand & process?

Hi all, 

Please help if you can. My mum was called back for a biopsy after a routine mammagram. She was meant to have the mammagram last year, but due to covid couldn't attend.

During the biopsy, the doctors mentioned surgery & radiation would be likely, so of course my mum is preparing herself for the worst when she receives her results. The ultrasound revealed her lymph nodes to be clear, so can we assume that if this is cancer that it is localised? I've read prognosis is very good if caught at this stage (early), but of course I'm still very worried.

I don't know what I'm asking for really, but I know honest and clear facts help me process things. I want to support my mum the very best I can. Together as a team, I know we can overcome this.

Thank you for reading

 

 

 

Parents
  • Hello Biblio578, 

    It's so nice of you to be so supportive with your mum at a time when she needs it the most. How lovely that you see yourself working together as a team overcoming this. This is probably a very stressful time for you both as you are waiting to hear back and to get the definite results. Even though the doctors mentioned surgery and ablation would be likely, at this stage she doesn't yet have a diagnosis so the best thing to do really is simply to wait until you have all the details of her diagnosis and then you will be in a position to analyse all the facts and start processing the information you have been given. It's definitely good news though that her lymph nodes are clear. So try not to worry too much at the moment or anticipate what it might be. Simply be there for your mum as you have been doing and it won't be long until you have all the important details. 

    I am keeping everything crossed for your mum that everything is ok. Do keep us updated if you can when you get a chance. 

    Best wishes, 

    Lucie, Cancer Chat Moderator

Reply
  • Hello Biblio578, 

    It's so nice of you to be so supportive with your mum at a time when she needs it the most. How lovely that you see yourself working together as a team overcoming this. This is probably a very stressful time for you both as you are waiting to hear back and to get the definite results. Even though the doctors mentioned surgery and ablation would be likely, at this stage she doesn't yet have a diagnosis so the best thing to do really is simply to wait until you have all the details of her diagnosis and then you will be in a position to analyse all the facts and start processing the information you have been given. It's definitely good news though that her lymph nodes are clear. So try not to worry too much at the moment or anticipate what it might be. Simply be there for your mum as you have been doing and it won't be long until you have all the important details. 

    I am keeping everything crossed for your mum that everything is ok. Do keep us updated if you can when you get a chance. 

    Best wishes, 

    Lucie, Cancer Chat Moderator

Children
No Data