Thyroid nodule...inconclusive biopsy and possible surgery

Hi Everyone, 

I went to the doctors with a pulled neck muscle around 3 months ago and whilst she was examining me she found 2 swollen lymph nodes which she wanted checking out so I was referred for an ultra sound scan. Whilst having my scan they found a small nodule on my thyroid but was reassured that it looked fine but he would be mentioning it on my report. I was then referred to ent by my gp and the consultant there had a good look at my throat etc and seemed unconcerned but wanted the thyroid consultant to look at it. When I got to the thyroid consultant he seemed very concerned  and told me the nodule looked “abnormal” and was sent straight for a biopsy! After a a scary 2 weeks my results have come back as inconclusive and I have been given the option of another biopsy or to have it removed. Forgot to mention that my thyroid is also slightly over active and I have an appt with endricology in Nov. 

Has anyone else been in a similar situation? My anxiety is through the roof 

 

Emma

Parents
  • Hi

    so I was in hospital for something else and they found thyroid nodule 3.5cm on MRI , attended as outpatient a week later for ultrasound where they found 2 subsequent nodules and took fna . 
    i have waited over 2 weeks and no results .

    yesterday I rang the secretary of consultant I was originally Under and she apologised said she would get the dr to do a letter and she would call me .

    within half an hour I got a call from ENT who said I have an urgent referral and have an appointment this Wednesday ?! 
    so I am assuming the worst as when he did the ultrasound he said if you need operation it will be ENT .

    So now have to wait .

    has anyone else had this referral with no results 

Reply
  • Hi

    so I was in hospital for something else and they found thyroid nodule 3.5cm on MRI , attended as outpatient a week later for ultrasound where they found 2 subsequent nodules and took fna . 
    i have waited over 2 weeks and no results .

    yesterday I rang the secretary of consultant I was originally Under and she apologised said she would get the dr to do a letter and she would call me .

    within half an hour I got a call from ENT who said I have an urgent referral and have an appointment this Wednesday ?! 
    so I am assuming the worst as when he did the ultrasound he said if you need operation it will be ENT .

    So now have to wait .

    has anyone else had this referral with no results 

Children
No Data