Indeterminate breast calcifications

Hi, has anyone else had this issue?  I went into breast clinic with another lump (I've had numerous fluid filled cysts over the last four years).  That was all fine but they flagged up calcifications on the other side.  I was really shocked.  I've got a biopsy next week and I'm in that horrible inbetween place of not knowing and worrying.  Is this likely to be DCIS?  Thanks x

Parents
  • Hi All!

    I hope everyone managed to get at least a little bit of respite from the fear and anxiety this weekend.

    Vicki - how was the beach hut? Hope that fresh air did the trick for you.

    Take care of yourselves xx

  • I took the kids to the cinema on Saturday, and then had my sons 4th birthday party on Sunday. So I've managed to keep quite well distracted!! 
     

    The breast clinic just called, and they've moved my results appointment to 9:40 on Thursday, instead of 11:40. So at least I don't have to worry all morning. It will be school run, then appointment!! Praying for benign results!! Xxx

  • Hi Bubblesmum,

    So pleased to hear that the surgery went to plan and that you found the team around you to be so lovely and supportive :-)

    Wishing you a speedy recovery and hoping for some good news in three (eek) weeks time.

    Take care x

     

  • Thanks - wishing you the very best of luck for your results on Friday xx

     

  • Bubblesmum, that all sounds like a very positive experience! I'm sure your results will be fine too, so don't stress about them. It's all out now, thank God!

     

    Glad to read you're not in too much pain either. Prayers for quick healing for you xxx

  • Hi lovely ladies. Sorry not to have replied last night. I was so nervous going last night. I think my brain associates the place with just trauma and shock. Anyway I do have confirmed DCIS. God darn it! Ah well, no different than I was told two weeks ago. So I have a mammogram on Saturday morning so they can see the area with the three biopsy points. Then I will be discussed, meet my oncologist and they suspect I will start with chemo first thereafter. My HER 2 is positive so I should respond well to chemo and ill have hormone therapy simultaneously. I just want to nuke the **** out of this stuff now and get on with healing. 

    Had a mini meltdown last night and cried at the dawning realisation of chemo and hair loss, but I'm back on track today. 

    How are you both doing and how are you Mary? 

     

    V xxx

  • Hi Vicky,

    Well done for getting through all that last evening.  I think everyone was thinking of you.

    So they've said you have to have chemotherapy first?  I was wondering why that was with DCIS.  Sorry if I'm not keeping up.

    I'm ok thanks and looking forward to a birthday this weekend with all my Kids at home for a change so be nice.  
     

    I'm on a waiting game again until next Wednesday when I see the consultant to get my second biopsy results.   I'm hoping these second lot of calcs they found are just DCIS.  I'm pretty resigned to the fact that theyre just not going to be benign.

    Hope you get some peace of mind after your news.  You sound amazingly positive.  Well done again.

    Mary xx

     

  • Wishing you a speedy recovery.  Well done for getting through all that.  Sounds as if you had wonderful care.  
    Waiting is always the worst.  You're probably right in that half term will hold up a week dammit!   At least you will keep busy and it will go quickly.

    All the best.

    Mary xx

  • Hi Mary

    So I had read that chemo does not help DCIS, but my consultant told me that it does if you are oestrogen positive which I am. So I guess I have to take his word for it! It also means that if everything shrinks with chemo then they can do more breast conserving surgery I have read. I'm doing a lot of reading! 

    I hope you have a lovely birthday weekend and can temporarily forget any worries. Hug lots and eat cake! Xxx

  • Oh and sorry, I've realised why you might be confused. So in addition to DCIS I also have confirmed area of invasive. Hence chemo and hormone therapy being first port of call for me most likely. X

Reply Children