Breast cancer lymph nodes inconclusive

Hi I was diagnosed with breast cancer 16th June. Should of been 9th June but I was away. 
The area is 7.5cm. 3 tumours close to each other. I was told grade 3 and mastectomy would be needed. I've been for a mri. Now told the right side is clear. I've been for my pre op assessment last week. No date yet for surgery. I have just called the bc nurses as mine has been off sick for sometime. I still need a biopsy repeating under my left arm pit as it was inconclusive last time. I was told this weeks ago when I go my diagnosis. I know it can take up to 2 weeks to get a result from a biopsy... so I haven't got a clue when my surgery will be.. I'm not sleeping very well. How long did others have to wait for surgery? Thank u  

Parents
  • Hi there,

    It took 10 days for my biopsy results to return. I had my surgery 3 wks after. I had a double mastectomy a week ago.

    Waiting is hard. Keep ringing Xxxx

  • Hello KPjc, 

     

    Thank you for replying. How are you feeling? 
    I had biopsy's done over a month ago ... I don't know why the under arm has got to be done again. I will keep ringing. I hope ur feeling ok xxxx

  • Morning,

    I've just read your news post. I lost my nipples too, but I'm reassured that they can be reconstructed or tattooed back so not all bad. Xxxx

    How you feeling about the mastectomy? Are you having a reconstruction at the same time? I did, I was off the pain killers ( apart from paracetamol) after a few days. I can do more than I thought! When the time comes, shout and I'll answer any questions if I can . Xxxxxx.    Just waiting for my results now ️

  • Hi KPjc,

    im feeling ok about the mastectomy now I have had time to get my head around it. I have only spoken the consultant once (the day I was diagnosed). I keep thinking maybe I should have both done as I will always be worrying if I've got it in my right side and have to go through it all again. they said the mri showed the right side was clear when I rang the BC nurses yesterday. So the probably won't let me have both removed. They mentioned on that first appointment I could possibly have reconstruction at the same time, either with my own tissue of with an implant. 
     

    Im glad your feeling better than you thought. What happens now for you? Xxx

  • Hi, 

    I've got to wait for my sentinel node biopsy results ( what a mouthful).  They are hopefully that I've caught it early but these results will clarify. So treatment plan will be discussed with the results. Struggling with the wait...

    I had a reconstruction with implant above the muscle. Sounded the best for me. Also had a clear left breast but due to possible Brca2 gene ( long story) they offered me a double mastectomy.

    You should have chance to discuss more of your options  with your BCnurse . Lots to think about, but the mastectomy was worse in my head then the actual operation!!!! 
    Xxxxxxxxx

Reply
  • Hi, 

    I've got to wait for my sentinel node biopsy results ( what a mouthful).  They are hopefully that I've caught it early but these results will clarify. So treatment plan will be discussed with the results. Struggling with the wait...

    I had a reconstruction with implant above the muscle. Sounded the best for me. Also had a clear left breast but due to possible Brca2 gene ( long story) they offered me a double mastectomy.

    You should have chance to discuss more of your options  with your BCnurse . Lots to think about, but the mastectomy was worse in my head then the actual operation!!!! 
    Xxxxxxxxx

Children
No Data