Wait to find out if I have the genetic BC gene before deciding on single or double mastectomy

Hi

i had the blood test last week to see if I have the genetic breast cancer gene and they said it would be a 4 week wait to find out the results.

Has anyone else been in a similar position as I’m not sure what to do,have the breast where the lump is removed or have both breast removed to reduce the risk of future breast cancer lumps? 

im planning on going private it to speed up the treatment process and my anxiety is sky high,any advice would be welcomed.

S

Parents
  • Hi NPD0208,

    I can see from your other recent post that you've had an appointment recently, so hopefully you've been able to get some more information and understanding to help inform your decision.

    My reply here will boost your post, so if others here have similar experience to share then hopefully they'll see your post and send replies.

    Wishing you all the best,

    Ben
    Cancer Chat Moderator

Reply
  • Hi NPD0208,

    I can see from your other recent post that you've had an appointment recently, so hopefully you've been able to get some more information and understanding to help inform your decision.

    My reply here will boost your post, so if others here have similar experience to share then hopefully they'll see your post and send replies.

    Wishing you all the best,

    Ben
    Cancer Chat Moderator

Children
No Data