Advice please

Hi, I'm new here and not really sure where to start.  

I am 59 and 3 years ago, I went to drs (seen nurse practitioner ) with a lump I could feel just below my rib cage and concerns about things jus "not feeling right" inside. I was told it was just fat. I left feeling really embarrassed and still concerned . I am slightly overweight (at most a stone) but am always aware of my "problem" If it was fat, why am I not aware of it anywhere else? Anyway, I can't really feel the lump under my rib cage now but can still feel something going on inside. For a couple of months, I have been having back pain and been unable to sleep. I asked google for help to ease the pain and read that back pain, right shoulder pain which mine is, could be a symptom of liver cancer. Am I just being paranoid? I don't want to bother drs if my problems really are just fat.

  • Hi Diannh,

    Welcome to Cancer Chat. I'm sorry to hear of your concerns and symptoms. If this is causing difficulties and you feel unsure about it, it might be worth getting a second opinion from a second doctor. This could then give you the answers or reassurance that you need.

    You could make a note of any symptoms you are noticing, and any other information such as when and where it occurred, so you can be as prepared as possible to talk things through and get the appropriate answers.

    Wishing you all the best,

    Cancer Chat Moderator