Womb cancer

My mum has stage 1b womb cancer, she is 76 years old. She had surgery, hysterectomy and has been asked if she wants to go ahead with chemo and radiotherapy.  She had a stroke 10 years ago and has rheumatoid arthritis. 

She is currently feeling well following her surgery.

She is finding it difficult to decide about further treatment as we are all so unsure about the side effects. We all worry that she might not be strong enough to withstand chemoradiotherapy. 

How do we make such a decision?

I would appreciate any information or help you can offer.

Parents
  • Hi. I’ve just had a biopsy and awaiting results for the same cancer. I’m younger (56)but if recommended I would have the treatment if the doctors advised it. I guess it might be possible to stop the treatment if it made her too unwell?

    Hope it all goes well & she makes a full & speedy recovery.

Reply
  • Hi. I’ve just had a biopsy and awaiting results for the same cancer. I’m younger (56)but if recommended I would have the treatment if the doctors advised it. I guess it might be possible to stop the treatment if it made her too unwell?

    Hope it all goes well & she makes a full & speedy recovery.

Children