Enlarged lymph nodes, biopsy ultrasound next week. Worried

Hi Everyone, 

 

i have two enlarged lymph nodes on the left side of my neck for more than 3 months. I did ultrasound sound and CT scans which reported that they are reactive. This morning I received a call from hospital to invite me for Biopsy ultrasound next week. Does anyone go through this? I do much worried why they will do biopsy :( 

Parents
  • hi not sure why they would want a biopsy if it's been confirmed it's reactive nodes. can you not get them to confirm why they want you to have this?. I am awaiting biopsy results from an ultrasound my neck and was getting nervous that the results would be in soon. until I got a phone call saying can you go for an mri, which i did yesterday and through the post this morning asking me to have a cat scan next Wednesday. my heads all over the place atm.  mon coming I have to have a camera down my throat and a throat biopsy. I don't know why they are doing these tests and can't get hold of the ent Dr that seen me. think we just want answers so if you can someone to respond to your question it might help. hopefully they just want to double check. let us know how you get on

  • That must be so draining for you  ! I thought after the ultrasound they would at least tell you results and why they are recommending the other tests so you're at least aware of the reasoning. 

     

    please let me know how you get on I'm wishing you all the best ♥️

     

Reply Children
  • been asked for a ct scan too next week and still no results. got to have a throat biopsy in 2 days time then I think that's all that's left. not sure if I should be worried or the Dr is over cautious. will update as soon as I know

  • Hey let me know how you get on! 
     

    ive just left my appointment not sure how to feel, more lymph nodes are swelling up but they didn't see concerned by anything on the ultrasound and said they were all within the normal size range. Because of this they didn't do the biopsy. She then said I could have a throat infection which I found really patronising, I've had this since October last year and been on three sets of antibiotics with no improvement then  I got upset and told them all my symptoms and they just told me I need to wait until the constultant arranges a follow up appointment 

    obviously over the moon they don't think it's anything sinister however I feel like I'm stuck in limbo yet again and spent two weeks stressing over a biopsy that never happened 

     

    How did you get on with yours ? 
    xx