Waiting for CT scan results and suffering with a few symptoms

Hi, first time posting on here I’m just looking for some reassurance really or to see if anyone has experienced the same as me.

I was referred to Clinical Haemotology due to having a lump in neck and after having blood results I had “derranged SLFC ” so they referred me. I suffer a lot with abdominal pain which has been put down to IBS a few years ago, I have lost a lot of weight over 2 stone and suffer with extremely heavy periods. I have two children which means tiredness comes with that however the fatigue I have been feeling is very bad to the point where I’m spending most of my time in bed when I can, which is unlike me.

After seeing the consultant at heamotology I had bloods and was referred for a Chest, Abdomen and Pelvis, CT scan with Contrast on the 30 December. I am still waiting results for the CT scan almost 3 weeks on. I do have a second appointment booked with the same consultant due in feb but this was booked before I had the CT scan, will my results be shared at this appointment and if anything had shown up on the scan would they contact me before this appointment? I have rang the department where the consultant works however they said sometimes CT results can be taken to a board of consultants to discuss findings. 
I’m not sure what I am asking, just a very anxious and worried person here waiting desperately for answers… 

Last week I had found a breast lump on my right side however I have not booked to have this looked at as I’m thinking if it was anything it would flag up on the CT scan…

Parents
  • Nope, you need to go and see about this new lump. Scans aren't 100%, and this might not be related whatsoever to old older symptoms. You need to book an appointment with your gp, and let them decide whether to wait or not. Most lumps turn out to be nothing, but let your gp tell you that.

Reply
  • Nope, you need to go and see about this new lump. Scans aren't 100%, and this might not be related whatsoever to old older symptoms. You need to book an appointment with your gp, and let them decide whether to wait or not. Most lumps turn out to be nothing, but let your gp tell you that.

Children