Lumpectomy

Hi.  2 months ago I noticed a dent in my left breast.  Went to doctors 21st Aug and was given 2 week urgent referral.  Attended breast clinic on 5th sept and had scans and biopsy on the lump.  Doctor advised that it is a 2cm lump and that I will be going for surgery.   Have appointment on 19th to go through biopsy results and that will confirm if I require further treatment.    Does anyone know how long after biospy results that you go for surgery?

thanks 

Parents
  • Sorry you find yourself here.

    They won’t delay surgery, but you might have further tests or treatment after initial biopsy results before you have the surgery.

    For example mine went 14 Feb GP, 07 Mar consultant & core biopsies, 23 Mar core biopsy results, and punch biopsy, 30 Mar MRI, 11 April punch biopsy result and offered provisional surgery date, 13 April MRI result, mag seeds in and mag trace injection, 17 Apr surgery.

    Sending you a hug x

  • Thanks for your replies everyone. Much appreciated.  I will wait and see what they have planned for me on Tues.  

    love to all x 

  • Hi all.  Just an update.   Got biopsy results and the tumour is cancerous in the duct. My question is.  How did you tell your family.  
    I am dreading the conversation as lost a brother in 2020 aged 34, brother in 2021 aged 39 both cardiomyopathy, sister with stage 4 tonsil cancer 2022 which we still don’t know the outcome of her radiotherapy treatment .  Not for at least another 3 weeks anyways. and now I need to break the news about my diagnosis.  I was thinking of just trying to go through surgery & treatment without having to say anything until we know of my sisters prognosis,  but I’m not sure if they would  be angry with me or understand.   I just don’t want to cause them anymore hurt than they have already gone through.   

  • Jacks 

    sorry you had a diagnosis 

    the worst thing for me was telling my family 

    give yourself a week or so to get your own head around it day by day step by step don’t rush to tell them until you have had a week or so to decide xx 

    hood luck here to help or chat love Lara xxx 

Reply
  • Jacks 

    sorry you had a diagnosis 

    the worst thing for me was telling my family 

    give yourself a week or so to get your own head around it day by day step by step don’t rush to tell them until you have had a week or so to decide xx 

    hood luck here to help or chat love Lara xxx 

Children