Lump in breast/making appointments

Hi everyone! I found a small, hard lump in my breast around a week ago and made an appointment to see my doctor. The appointment was over the phone and after asking me some questions to do with nipple discharge (i have none) and if the lump is moveable (it is not) the doctor told me I should just wait for a few weeks to see if it gets worse! I'm fustrated considering the doctor hasn't seen/felt the lump and has told me to wait until it can potentially get worse or be something worrying. I guess I'm just writing this to rant a bit but also ask for any recommendations on how I can be checked in person at my GP? 

I recently started taking the mini pill cerazette and the doctor told me that it could be the cause of this lump. I'm just worried because despite not having any other symptoms i have never felt a lump like this before and the rest of my breasts are fine. Should I listen to my doctor and wait for really push for an in person appointment?

Parents
  • Hi chl0309,

    Welcome to Cancer Chat. I can understand your frustrations with this.

    I'm not sure if the doctor gave you a timeframe within which to call back if things haven't changed, or not. It's fairly common to wait a couple of weeks and then to speak to the doctor again if things haven't improved. So this would be one option for you. At this point, if you'd rather not see the same GP, you could ask to see a different GP if you would prefer.

    Alternatively if you're feeling unsure and worried about the advice you were given, you could call sooner and ask for a second opinion from a different doctor.

    If you'd like to talk anything through at this point, you are welcome to give our nurses a call on 0808 800 4040 (Monday-Friday, 9-5).

    Wishing you all the best,

    Ben
    Cancer Chat Moderator

Reply
  • Hi chl0309,

    Welcome to Cancer Chat. I can understand your frustrations with this.

    I'm not sure if the doctor gave you a timeframe within which to call back if things haven't changed, or not. It's fairly common to wait a couple of weeks and then to speak to the doctor again if things haven't improved. So this would be one option for you. At this point, if you'd rather not see the same GP, you could ask to see a different GP if you would prefer.

    Alternatively if you're feeling unsure and worried about the advice you were given, you could call sooner and ask for a second opinion from a different doctor.

    If you'd like to talk anything through at this point, you are welcome to give our nurses a call on 0808 800 4040 (Monday-Friday, 9-5).

    Wishing you all the best,

    Ben
    Cancer Chat Moderator

Children
No Data