Waiting for Operation Date

I went to the GP in March having found a lump in my breast and after being referred on the 2 week wait I had numerous investigations done. The mammogram also found calcifications as well as the lump.  

I have now been told I have a mixture of high grade and intermediate DCIS and after a few appointments it was agreed I need to have a masectomy. I am waiting for my operation date and I am not going to lie it is driving me mad, I totally appreciate that there are so many people waiting for operations but its not having a date to work to thats the worse thing.

So my question is do you chase the hospital for the date or sit patiently and wait and slowly go out of your mind? 

Thanks for reading 

 

 

 

Parents
  • I saw my surgeon last Friday, 14th May, was diagnosed with grade 3 invasive ductal cancer and given the 14th June for surgery depending on the HER2 status which hasn't come through yet

    As I only found the lump on 30th April things have moved fast although I am sure the next four weeks will drag.

    Please chase the hospital  the surgeons secretary or your breast nurse.  You should of been given contact numbers for them.

    Hope you get a date soon.

Reply
  • I saw my surgeon last Friday, 14th May, was diagnosed with grade 3 invasive ductal cancer and given the 14th June for surgery depending on the HER2 status which hasn't come through yet

    As I only found the lump on 30th April things have moved fast although I am sure the next four weeks will drag.

    Please chase the hospital  the surgeons secretary or your breast nurse.  You should of been given contact numbers for them.

    Hope you get a date soon.

Children
  • Hi Chas

    Really glad that things are moving quickly for you. I will wish the next 4 weeks away for you.

    I really appreciate you saying to chase the hospital, I have done just that this morning & feeling better for having made the call. Feels like another step forward.

    This forum is a godsend 

    Xxx