I was diagnosed with melanoma but the dermatologist consultant never told me the stage it was at. Iam waiting to get mole removed and a fluid taken out to check any spread. I am worried.
I was diagnosed with melanoma but the dermatologist consultant never told me the stage it was at. Iam waiting to get mole removed and a fluid taken out to check any spread. I am worried.
Hi again I have now been called for a mri head scan and a ct body scan my mole is a nodular melanoma which I know c an spread faster. My mole is 2mm breslow but o mitoses. I'm just really worried why I have suddenly been sent to these scans before I have even had the mole taken off and the sentinel lymph nose biopsy has anyone on here had this is it just in case its spread or its at high risk. Igot mri head scan Thursday and blood test then ct on Friday and mole and slnb on Monday a veryworring time just need some resurrance if anyone has any I am a bit scared.
Hi Cat,
Sorry that I can't help with your question, as I never had an MRI for mine. I know that it's a worrying time, but at least all of your tests are close together. Living with the unknown is torture. It won't be long now until you know exactly what you are dealing with. It might be a good idea to write down any questions you have and to take these with you, when you see your consultant - it is all too easy to be struck dumb by bad news, or even to forget things in the heat of the moment.
Kind regards,
Jolamine xx
Hi i saw consultant yesterday they have said its stage 2 at moment. I got to wait 2 to 6 weeks for WLE and SLNB surgery.
Hi i saw consultant yesterday they have said its stage 2 at moment. I got to wait 2 to 6 weeks for WLE and SLNB surgery.
Hi Cat,
Many tanks for your update.
Was your appointment for WLE and mole removal cancelled last Monday. Did the consultant tell you why they did the MRI and CT scan? I hope that your wait turns out to be closer to 2 weeks rather than the 6. Please keep in touch and let us know when your appointment comes through. How are you feeling, now that you have a diagnosis?
Kind regards,
Jolamine xx
Hi no it was not cancelled I thought appointment was for surgery. They did not tell me why I was sent for scans i think its routine. I feel a bit better as mine is intermediate risk and the plastic surgeon and support nurse are nice. I am a bit worried about going into hospital as got to stay for 1 or 2 nights and as its on side of my foot. I guess I might need crutches. Thanks for the reply.
Hi Cat,
I'm sure that you'll be fine. One of mine was on the inside of my ankle. This was the one which took the longest to heal, but I had no difficulty in walking immediately after surgery. The difficulty for you will be in finding the right type of footwear, so that it doesn't rub - possibly sandals?
Kind regards,
Jolamine xx
Thanks but I am having quite a large chunk cut out I think they are putting a small skin graft on so I guess that will help. I got summer shoes ready with no back.
Hi Cat,
I'm sure that it will be easier than you're expecting.
Kind regards,
Jolamine xx
Hi I have my wle and slnb tomorrow under general anesthesia. Can I still have surgery if im on my period
Hi Cat,
I don't see any reason for delaying these procedures and hope that all goes well for you tomorrow.
Don't forget to let us know how you get on.
Kind regards,
Jolamine xx