Unsure what treatment to choose. Can anyone help or advise?

Diagnosed with lung melanoma 7 months ago. 
Surgery suggested but following second PET scan ruled out. 
oncologist made 3 suggestions a immunotherapy b radiotherapy or c do nothing for 3 months. PET scan then. If change go for therapy. If no change stick with it for another 3 months then repeat. 
c sounds good but surgeon intimidated I would survive for 18 months. What to do?

Side effects of therapy not very appealing. 

Parents
  • Hi Juke and welcome to Cancer Chat.

    I'm sorry about your diagnosis and that you are now facing a tricky decision about treatment.

    We have some information about the options you've listed on our website but if you feel it may help to talk things through with one of our cancer nurses, then do get in touch with them on 0808 800 4040. Their phone lines are open Monday - Friday between 9a.m - 5p.m and they will do all they can to answer your questions.

    In addition to this, it may be worth having another chat with your medical team so you can go through the pros and cons of each option in more detail and get all the information you need to come to a decision. You could try getting a second opinion as well.

    Although no-one here can tell you which one to go for I'm sure some of them will be along soon to offer their support and share their experiences and advice.

    I hope my reply helps and that whatever you decide, it is the right decision for you.

    Kind regards,

    Steph, Cancer Chat Moderator

Reply
  • Hi Juke and welcome to Cancer Chat.

    I'm sorry about your diagnosis and that you are now facing a tricky decision about treatment.

    We have some information about the options you've listed on our website but if you feel it may help to talk things through with one of our cancer nurses, then do get in touch with them on 0808 800 4040. Their phone lines are open Monday - Friday between 9a.m - 5p.m and they will do all they can to answer your questions.

    In addition to this, it may be worth having another chat with your medical team so you can go through the pros and cons of each option in more detail and get all the information you need to come to a decision. You could try getting a second opinion as well.

    Although no-one here can tell you which one to go for I'm sure some of them will be along soon to offer their support and share their experiences and advice.

    I hope my reply helps and that whatever you decide, it is the right decision for you.

    Kind regards,

    Steph, Cancer Chat Moderator

Children
No Data