Waiting on breast biopsy results

Im waiting on breast biopsy results, i get them on monday, the waiting is just dreadful, sometimes your gut feeling tells you what you know but this time i just dont know! Anyone feel or felt the same?

Parents Reply
  •  

    Hi Mickey,

    Yes, my second cancer was grade 1, pure mucinous breast cancer - exactly the same as the first. The pathology results after my first surgery showed that my surgeon hadn't achieved a clear margin. My surgeon assured me that he had realised this at the time and taken more tissue away, so there was no need to carry out further surgery. 

    My personal feeling is that he still hadn't taken enough, but I was assured at the time of my second cancer that it was a new primary and not related to the first. I'm sure that you'll feel better once you know exactly what you are dealing with.

    Kind regards,

    Jolamine xx

Children
  • Thank you Jolamine for sharing that with me. It is definitely a masectomy for me. I await an apt with plastic surgeon next and then hopefully I will get a surgery date. They're still aiming for before Christmas and I'm holding onto that. I just want the cancers out now. Thank you for thinking of me. Mickey xx 

  • Hi Mickey 

    I really hope they start to move things quick now, I hope you're alright. 

    Love Lisa xxx


  • Hi MickeyM,

    If you are definitely having a mastectomy, I would advise you to look out a nightdress or pyjamas that open at the front. This is much easier than having to lift clothing over your head after surgery. Here's hoping that they do manage to fit you in before Christmas. I'm sure that you're just anxious to get it all over and done with now. Are you going to have reconstruction at the same time?

    Kind regards,

    Jolamine xx

  • Hi Lisa, I'm so sorry, I thought I'd replied to you, but think I didn't - apologies, it wasn't intentional - head a bit over the place and do have a frozen shoulder now too (bloomin awful biopsies).  Well I've got an apt Friday am with plastic surgeon and so I hope things will finally start moving. Are your results tomorrow? Keeping everything crossed for you and apologies again. Love n hugs Mickey xx 

  • Hi Mickey, no worries at all it's lovely to hear from you, not long now until Friday, it seems forever waiting for a plan, we could write a book on patience! 

    Had a pretty awful week after VAB and just received a phone call that my appointment today is cancelled and I'll get another appointment next week- feeling pretty low about it as I didn't sleep very well - worry and like you awful shoulder pain!

    I hope and pray everything is in place for you on Friday and that you can begin treatment as soon as possible.

    Take care of yourself, especially with the shoulder pain as well, sending you a huge but gentle hug and love

  • Hi Lisa, thanks for the reply. I'm so sorry they've cancelled your apt today, did they say why ? ? ? The wait is awful - do you know when next week or are they still trying to sort that?  Sleeping is so hard with the constant anxiety heightened by delays, but with painful shoulder too, believe me I feel your pain. Please don't do what I did and carry on ignoring the pain until it froze, it really is a significant problem now for me and I'd hate that to happen to you, Lisa xx 

    I'm hoping Friday will start getting into date mode, I'm not sure how any of us cope with these constant delays, but it's certainly trying. 

    I assume you found it impossible not to cling on for dear life with those biopsies too then - I'm so sorry, I was hoping to help deter you, but another impossibility.  Please look after your shoulder and yourself Lisa. I loved your closing hug and back at you xx ️ ️

  • Hi Mickey, think the MDT meeting is tomorrow and I might get an appointment on Monday, but no idea why it was delayed, a glitch they said...

    Ha ha cling on to dear life I did!! I couldn't visualise the waterfall- more like the Niagra Falls on a bad day! 

    Good luck with everything on Friday, I really hope it's all go and things move swiftly from now on, thanks for your advice on the shoulder as well,  take care my friend

  • Hi Lisa, if you feel up to it you could always ring tomorrow afternoon and ask for the BCN to tell you if the MDT was heard and could she tell you the outcome? Or you can wait til Monday. You know I've had mixed experiences doing that, but it's made me feel a bit more like I'm trying to take some control back. 
     

    I had to laugh at your Niagra Falls comment on a bad day, so thanks for that, good to remember you can still giggle. But seriously look after and rest that arm xx 

    I'll keep you posted re Friday as I know you will Lisa. Awwww, you take care too my friend xx ️ ️

  • That's great advice Mickey, thanks so much xxx

  • Hi Girls

    i am so sorry to post as I know everyone has their own worried I'm just so so worried 

    I had my results yesterday, Its Still stage 1a as not in my lymph Nodes,, I need too go back again to get a clear margin ( that's okay) it's HeR2-, I'm so worried though as it's now a grade 3 not a 2 as originally said!! I'm going out of my mind with worry that this will definitely re-occur after treatment. They have sent it off too America to be tested for re occurrence score and what treatment is best. The consultant didn't seem worried but I'm so scared that it's going too come back. I'm 38 with two young sons. I just feel so worried. Any advice would be good xxx