Breast injury turned into nightmare

So I had a breast injury 11 weeks ago then a bruise appeared after a few weeks it went , then a few weeks later I found a very tiny hard seed like lump , thought nothing of it but due to the hush risk breast cancer in my side I rang the doctor , I went to see her and she could see where I bumped it but sent me for a mama gram that turned into a ultrasound and then biopsy as not sure what it was img I convinced myself it was the injury , the only positive is lymph glands all look normal but I'm in shock as she said the lump does not correspond to where the injury was , so my emotions over last few days were all over the place I need to wait for my results she said it's not a haematoma or a cyst so I said it's Cancer then surely but she couldn't be 100% sure but, I m better today but it's still worrying 

Parents
  • Hi

    Worrying times the waiting.

    My friend has a similar story.

    She'd had a fall months before her mammogram, bumped her boob but also broke her ankle so only focused on the ankle pain.

    Never thought anymore about it.

    Had her routine mammogram and got a letter to go back. Was so scared, went back and did all the checks which turned out fine and the bump caused by the fall had shown up as something which they couldn't explain.

    All fine in the end but scary waiting.

    Hope you get it sorted soon. x

  • Hello

    So did they tell your friend the lump looked suspicious and did not tally up where she bumped her self ? I caught my left boob in the door ( stupid I know ) 30 mins later I had awful pain and when I looked my bra wire had come out and was sticking in my boob and i check my breasts every month and I was convinced it was that that caused the lump so im really shocked and dreading the result to be honest 

  • Hello

    yes, suggested route is 6 chemos ( injections start on the third one which will be 18 injections in the thigh over a year , then umpectomy followed well 5 now they are saying 15 but I will be doing the 5 as ive read 5 can be as affective as 15 ) I ve just had the breast mri scans they couldn't get the venflon in until 3rd attempt so I was already freaking out as I hate needles but my fear is gradually fading , I should have had the TWO breast lumps clips in Wednesday but just had unltrasound S the lump was sore and she said I can go back on the 22nd sept plus she was questioning why ive been told he can't take just the lumps out till mid November as she can tell im not into medical intervention as in chemo but my mind is slowly trying to decide although I ve changed my mind more then once ! Ive gone from 1% chemo option then to 99.5% back last night to 1% again now it's at 99.9% the radiologist said she will be talking to my surgeon as mid November is way to far for just lump removal so I ve not got much faith in any of them at this moment in time ! Goal posts  are moving and it's making nervous and yet they have all been Amazing but I need more advice , I may even go private to have lumps taken out , it will cost £1000s but there again I trust this Nhs surgeon 100% and he also does private work , I suspect he will ring me Tommow as I'm still confused as what to do for the best but if I leave lumps there I know it will spread so I must make my decision although I have been booked in for chemo 1st Ictober 

  •  

    Hi Wendy,

    This must be very confusing for you. It can sometimes take a while for your MDT team to decide on the best way forward for you. I can understand how afraid you mut feel with your needle phobia, but this is all doable. Going private is expensive and, you will often find that the same surgeon works in both areas.

    I have had 2 bouts of breast cancer in the past 12 years and, have been happy with the treatment I've had.If you trust your NHS surgeon, place your faith in him and be guided by his advice. Chemo is used before or after surgery and, has been used frequently before during Covid. This helps to shrink the tumour before surgery. I hope that you get on better on 22nd September in getting your clips inserted.

    Don't forget that we are always here for you.

    Kind regards,

    Jolamine xx

  • Yes I know it could be the same one as we paid for our daughters UC appointment and her consultant appeared

    I just need to be 100% sure if what route I'm going down 

     

    Thank you xx

  •  

    Hi Wendy,

    This is a difficult decision for you to make, but it has to be yours alone and, one that you are happy with.

    Kind regards,

    Jolamine xx

  • Definately , but after seeing how many young women have breast cancer omg I'm going to fly the flag very for them anyway xx

  • Hi

    Just seen this, sorry you got this news but it's been found, let them get on with your treatment and then you can get on with getting back to your life.

    All the best x

     

  • Hello

    Thank you and yes it was a shock as the lumps they found are exactly where I had my breast injury and I'm convinced that's what has now caused this cancer !

    Mind you , I'm awaiting the Mri results and if there are any more anywhere else then I know it wasn't the injury ! But I have had a mamagram and ultra sound and only the two lumps are on there but mri is more in-depth and pre cautionary , I'm in much better mindset now though , I have to be dont I? 

     

    xx

  •  

    HI Wendy,

    How are you getting on. I'm delighted to heaar that you are in a better mindset, but have you had any clarification on why treatment is planned as it is? Are you due to get your MRI results soon? If so, why don't you draw up a list of questions for your consultant? This way you should be able to clarify some of those niggles you have about surgery and treatment.

    If you don't get the answers you need before you start chemo, why not phone your breast care nurse and ask her? These nurses are usually conversant with your cases and can put your mind to rest about a lot of things.

    Thinking of you.

    Kind regards,

    Jolamine xx

  • Hello

    yes my nurse rang me yesterday and said to think about it all , but will wait for mri results and she said they could suergery and will look at his lists but chemo was suggested first as then I will get the lumpectomy then the injections the radiotherapy afterwards but I'm think get the lumps out first if mri is ok but my first chemo is booked for  October 1st but I have a big wedding to do on the 26th October for a couple who have had to change the dates three times due to COV I'd ( I'm a florist ) and I still want to this wedding for them so not sure if chemo dates will change ! I still must work when I can in between treatments as it will spur me on 

     

    xx

  • One day at a time and be positive x

Reply Children
No Data