Worried sick - complex ovarian cyst found

Hi I’m new here

i have recently been diagnosed as having a complex ovarian cyst measuring 8 cm…

im on the 2 week wait to see a gynaecologist 

my nerves are in overdrive imagining the worst…does anyone have any advice please.

Parents
  • Hi Jackie, I'm Sam. I've also recently been told that I have a complex cyst on 23rd July - my ultrasound was on the 22nd July, (measurring approx. 4cm with a 2cm vascularised solid component), and was referred to gynaecology within 2 weeks. They're arranging an MRI, but I haven't been told anything else or when. I'm perimenopausal and my CA125 result came back within range (14), but still worried sick. I know I'm not much comfort to you right now, but I'd love it if we kept in touch so I know how you're getting on. Please take care x 

  • Hi Sam…thank you for your reply, I know what you mean about keeping intouch I think it helps to talk to people going through the same.

    im just waiting for a date for surgery to remove it and won’t know if it’s cancerous until after that… I’m praying that it’s a good outcome…and for yourself too xx

  • Thanks for replying. That's really great that they're acting quickly with you. I'm not particularly a religious person but in this instance, I'm sending all my thoughts and prayers your way and hope for a positive outcome. Please keep me posted. I hope that you don't need to wait too long for the surgery or results xx 

  • Hi to you both, I’m currently going through this and am looking for anything to give me hope because at the moment I’m going to the worse case scenario. I had a scan which found a 2.5cm cyst on my left ovary. While she was scanning me she did not seem concerned, she said it was a cyst, there was fluid in there which I thought was a good thing. I have been to see my doctor today and he has the report, he mentioned vascular and referred me under the 2 week referral to gynea. He said he doesn’t think it’s anything bad but best to get it checked. I’m petrified now and all Iv done all day is google, and keep seeing complex cyst and cancer coming up when searching “cyst” and “vascular” 

    how are you both getting on?

    natalie x

  • 3 years ago I had a 10 cm complex cyst on my right ovary. They really thought it was likely ovarian cancer and offered me a hysterectomy or an oophorectomy with potential further surgery if the biopsy came back positive. It turned out to be a dermoid cyst.

    I hope your cyst is just that x

  • I'm sorry to hear that you're going through this. I've got everything crossed that everything will be ok for you. 

    All of my tests (ultrasound and MRI) plus blood tests all came back negative, and the cyst had actually turned out to have shrank in between my ultrasound and MRI. They confirmed it was benign with no further action required. The waiting for my MRI took about 5 weeks, which was agonising if I'm honest. It's a great outcome though. 

    I've recently been in contact with someone else on here too going through something very similar. She had surgery and biopsies taken. It was great news also for her, as all came back clear. 

    I'm hearing more and more about ladies in our situation and they are having good results. I know it's easier for me to say now, but please do try not to stress. I made myself so ill with so many stomach pains whilst i was waitingfortheresults. I convinced myself that it was going to be bad news. However, as soon as I had the all clear, my symptoms went. It's amazing what stress does on your body. 

    Please feel free to reach out whenever you need to xx Please keep me updated on how you get on xx 

  • How are you getting on? Have you had a biopsy yet and received your results? Xx 

  • That’s great news that everything come back negative for you. Did they end up taking the cyst out or did they leave it when they knew it was benign? Sometimes I feel ok and optimistic, PCOS and cysts run in my family, my mum had trouble with them and know it’s more likely to just be that but then I find myself jumping to the worst case scenario. I think it panicked me that my doctor sent me for an urgent referral. I had a call from the hospital yesterday and I’m going in on Friday which I know is quick but I just wish I could get this over with right now. Iv been off work for a few weeks. This all started 4 weeks ago. I had my smear test then that same night started getting terrible pelvic pain, I called 111 as it was a Friday night and they prescribed me antibiotics for a water infection. Those did nothing and the following day I passed out and had a fever/chills stupidly I didn’t go to the hospital. I waited til the Monday to see my doctor. He gave me some different antibiotics (ones used to treat pelvic inflammatory disease) and these did the trick, pelvic pain gone no sign of infection anymore. But I was left with a niggling pain in my ovary so dr ordered a scan. I do feel like I got some sort of pelvic infection maybe some bacteria got in while I was having my smear test which has caused these problems and led me to get a scan, otherwise I may not have known about this. When she did my scan she mentioned there could have been another cyst there that has deflated now I’m wondering if I had 2 cysts and 1 burst causing me the bad pain, fever and infection. I just don’t know. My minds all over the place.

    thank you so much for reaching out it’s good to talk to someone who understands and has gone through this xx

Reply
  • That’s great news that everything come back negative for you. Did they end up taking the cyst out or did they leave it when they knew it was benign? Sometimes I feel ok and optimistic, PCOS and cysts run in my family, my mum had trouble with them and know it’s more likely to just be that but then I find myself jumping to the worst case scenario. I think it panicked me that my doctor sent me for an urgent referral. I had a call from the hospital yesterday and I’m going in on Friday which I know is quick but I just wish I could get this over with right now. Iv been off work for a few weeks. This all started 4 weeks ago. I had my smear test then that same night started getting terrible pelvic pain, I called 111 as it was a Friday night and they prescribed me antibiotics for a water infection. Those did nothing and the following day I passed out and had a fever/chills stupidly I didn’t go to the hospital. I waited til the Monday to see my doctor. He gave me some different antibiotics (ones used to treat pelvic inflammatory disease) and these did the trick, pelvic pain gone no sign of infection anymore. But I was left with a niggling pain in my ovary so dr ordered a scan. I do feel like I got some sort of pelvic infection maybe some bacteria got in while I was having my smear test which has caused these problems and led me to get a scan, otherwise I may not have known about this. When she did my scan she mentioned there could have been another cyst there that has deflated now I’m wondering if I had 2 cysts and 1 burst causing me the bad pain, fever and infection. I just don’t know. My minds all over the place.

    thank you so much for reaching out it’s good to talk to someone who understands and has gone through this xx

Children
No Data