Thickened womb lining

Hi

I'm currently waiting for surgery to remove a 14cm complex cyst from my ovary (been told it could be cancerous but not sure). 

When I had the MRI to diagnose this, it was found I also have a thickened womb lining and maybe a polyp. When I have my surgery, at the same time they are going to do a hysteroscopy. 

What I'm not sure about at the moment is - what can cause thickened womb lining? I've read about endometrial hyperplasia, but are there other causes? I'm bleeding almost constantly at the moment, which makes me a bit worried. 

Thanks in advance x

Parents
  • Hi Sunflowergirl123,

    Sorry to hear that you have to have surgery.

    I am in a similar position to you as I have too been told I have to have my 16cm complex cyst removed and I've also been told it could be cancerous but they won't know for sure until it is removed, but looking like I will have to have a hysterectomy.  I have an appointment with the consultant on Thursday morning so hopefully will know more then.

    Do you have a date for your operation? and do you know how they are going to remove the cyst?

Reply
  • Hi Sunflowergirl123,

    Sorry to hear that you have to have surgery.

    I am in a similar position to you as I have too been told I have to have my 16cm complex cyst removed and I've also been told it could be cancerous but they won't know for sure until it is removed, but looking like I will have to have a hysterectomy.  I have an appointment with the consultant on Thursday morning so hopefully will know more then.

    Do you have a date for your operation? and do you know how they are going to remove the cyst?

Children
  • Hi MrsP20231

    It sounds like we are in a similar position. I haven't got a date yet but have been told it will be in the next few weeks. They are hoping to remove the cyst by keyhole surgery (along with the ovary and the fallopian tube) but they have said that that may not be possible, firstly because of the size of the cyst, but also because if when they look inside it appears like it is cancerous, they don't want to risk bursting it and cancer cells going elsewhere. So, they will decide during the operation and may well have to change to 'open' surgery instead. 

    I hope your appointment goes well on Thursday :)